The Final Decision

Story By: Lindsey Townsend, Staff Writer

All of high school students wait for the moment of getting accepted into their dream colleges and making that final decision of where they will spend the next four years of their life. It is not a simple choice to make and there are many factors that go into each choice of why the college is the right one for you. Students are allowed to go on college visits to explore the campus and get a feel of the location and see how they like it. This is a great opportunity for students to understand how college will be like and get a first hand example of what they need to know before making any decisions.

“I got accepted in December and I finally decided at the end of January that I wanted to spend college at Southern Methodist University,” senior Jordyn Jones said. “I love the really good combination of academics and student life. They balance it really well by making sure the students get a quality education while still having fun in the process.”

In this process many students have expanded their standards and have chosen what they would like to pursue in the future as jobs.

“I will be majoring in sports management at Texas Tech University, which focuses on the business side of sports,” senior Garrett Carr said. “It also deals with contract negotiations, advertising, and other stuff that goes along those lines in the sports industry. I would also like to be a general manager which is the person that drafts players, negotiates contracts and builds the team to become as strong as possible.”

There are many different areas of subjects that allow students to open their minds to taking and leading them to what they could do for the rest of their lives. It is all about where it begins and how they start this passion. There will be failures along the way and that is to be expect as they are all trying to grow as people along the way and find who they are as people in the world. Not every decision such as where as choosing where one will attend or what they will major in is easy. Life will never be easy and if it’s easy then it is not worth it. The hard decisions take time and effort and that is what students have done to decide what college to attend and what they will major in.