An NBA Season to Remember

Story By: Jaden Reyes, Staff Writer

As the NBA season came to a close on April 11th, teams qualifying for the playoffs get their chance to compete for the championship. Playoff teams will only have a few days of rest, as the first postseason games start on April 14th. The best eight teams in each conference will fight for a spot in the NBA Finals, and the teams that win their respective Conference series will face off on May 31.

“I think Golden State and Toronto will make the Finals,” sophomore Paolo Repato said. “Golden State is just too dominate in the West, and the Raptors are now able to beat all of the teams in the East with Kyrie Irving out for the rest of the season with an injury.”

The NBA regular season was thrilling as usual, and the Houston Rockets were able to lock up the best record in the NBA and the Western Conference. Meanwhile, the Toronto Raptors, the first seed in the Eastern Conference, have a chance to prove themselves as a threat in the playoffs.

“I definitely didn’t think the Rockets were going to have the best record in the NBA,” sophomore Kerem Ay said. “I knew that they would be good with Clint Capela, Chris Paul, and James Harden, but I thought the Golden State Warriors would be first in the NBA because of the talent they have, and how well they have played the last couple of years.”

The NBA season was filled with jaw dropping buzzer beaters and insane plays that fans are sure to remember in the coming years.

“James Harden’s crossover on Wesley Johnson was my favorite play of the season,” sophomore Lance Lanting said. “It was my favorite because of the way Harden stared Johnson down while he was on the floor before drilling the shot.”

Although the season had it highs, many players suffered gruesome injuries, prohibiting them from playing the whole season.

“I definitely think that Gordon Hayward had the worst injury,” Ay said. “He completely shattered the bone in his leg, and lost an entire season of playing for a potential championship for the Celtics.”

NBA fans all over the globe look forward to the excitement that comes with the end of the postseason, and have high expectations of the coming playoff games.

“The main thing I’m excited about for the postseason is watching the Rockets hopefully win their third championship in franchise history,” freshman Rishav Mohanty said. “I think the post season will be a fitting conclusion to the end of the regular season.”