The student news site of Seven Lakes High School

The Torch

Life Lessons

Seniors Reflect on What They’ve Learned in High School

With the end of school right around the corner, parting seniors have some life lessons they have learned from their high school experience.

• “These four years, the greatest thing I’ve learned is leadership. I am now the secretary for the French Honor Society which is really exciting. I am also a member of many clubs and many activities. The most important thing is that I got involved and I had a chance and meet wonderful people and it’s been a nice experience,” senior Frida Leon said.

• “I’ve learned that you should try to make as many memories as possible, so when I leave, I will still have the good times and not worry about it,” senior Benjamin Mata said.

• “I think these past four years I’ve learned to never really judge anyone in high school. In movies, there’s always a stereotype, there’s always a popular group, but I realized that there’s not really a popular group. There’s a lot of different groups with different interests and personalities, and you shouldn’t judge any of them. You should always be open to them and try not to judge their opinions, maybe you can relate to them and make new friends,” senior Vincent Pham said.

• “I think what I’ve learned is to just go for it. Don’t have any fears. If you don’t understand something, ask. Just try your best. You’re not going to get anywhere if you’re scared,” senior Bibiana Toro said.

• “I figured out what’s really important and what will help me in life. The things that seem important in high school, like having fun and doing dumb things, really don’t play an important role later in life,” senior Nathan Fairwell said.

• “I procrastinated a lot in high school, and now that I’m at the end, I’ve realized that when I had the chance, I should’ve worked harder so I would be in a better position now. Looking back, I’ve realized that it’s over and I can’t do anything to change it,” senior Grant Leal said.