The student news site of Seven Lakes High School

The Torch

Movies to Look Forward to

Story By: Mareena Emran, Ads Manager

With the summer season coming in a few short weeks, many of the most anticipated movies of 2017 are about to release. So, instead of staying indoors and doing nothing with loads of free time out of school, here are some movie titles that many are hyping about.

1. Annabelle 2: Creation

Starting off with the most thrilling of all the movies in this list is the prequel to the Annabelle movie, released in 2014, to the Annabelle series. This horror/thriller movie continues the story of a possessed doll- who’s next target is a nun and a group of Orphans. The release date is set for August 11, 2017. Although the wait may be a long way from now, the patience will be worth it in the end because this movie features the story of the roots of the infamous possessed doll. This movie would be great to watch for someone who is a lover of all things horror and random scary pop ups.

Watch the Trailer Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11taaQy2KBg

1. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

Now to continue the list with the amazing Jack Sparrow and Orlando Bloom. This is the fifth movie to the Pirates of the Caribbean series, and is projected to gross at about around $115 million during its Memorial weekend opening according to IMDb.  This movie is expected to release May 26, 2017 with actors Johnny Depp, Will Turner and Javier Bardem as some of the returning cast members in the film. The movie is a continuation of the adventurous Captain Sparrow who runs into some difficulties with evil Captain Salazar. His only way to defeat him: an awkward alliance with a navy British soldier. How will Jack Sparrow solve his problems? Find out and watch the trailer to find out more about this movie.

Watch the Trailer Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpFMVcZ4o7U

1. Despicable Me 3

Probably the most famous Steve Carell movies out there is the original Despicable Me. This film is another continuation of a movie series but is an animated comedy no one will want to miss. The movie features the story of Gru and his wife Lucy (alongside their minion companions) on their mission to save the world from evil Balthazar from achieving world domination. It is set to release June 30, 2017, and will have their returning cast of Kristen Wiig, Miranda Cosgrove and new voices such as Trey Parker who will play Balthazar Bratt.

Watch the Trailer Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DBi41reeF0

1. American Assassin

Although this movie’s release date is after the summer ends, it’s one to definitely look forward to as a great way to end the summer fun. The release date is set for September 15, 2017 and will feature actors Dylan O’Brien as Mitch Rapp, Michael Keaton as Stan Hurley, and other leads played by Taylor Kitsch and Sanaa Lathan. This thriller is set in a life like war situation, where many of the countries, including the U.S., are fighting against a possible world war. With recent events and political news, it makes sense that a movie like this would release this year.

Watch the Trailer Here: https://youtu.be/6tlFfArvVDY